Join us for a Spring bushwalk hosted by former Zoos SA President Heather Caddick.
Explore the wonders of Monarto Zoo with a difference on a guided Spring bushwalk. Monarto Zoo has approximately 10 kilometres of walking tracks meandering through some magnificent areas of remnant native vegetation, often overlooked by many zoo visitors. This special opportunity to experience a Spring bushwalk will be hosted by former Zoos SA President Heather Caddick who continues to be a passionate supporter of the zoo and has been a volunteer for many years.
Experience the magnificent native plant life and wildflowers of Monarto Zoo, you will also delight in the many native animals that calls it home, such as kangaroos, euros, emus and echidnas who roam freely throughout the zoo. At the conclusion of your bushwalk, be sure to explore the zoo at your own pace from the comfort of our free guided Zu-Loop shuttle bus.
Spring bushwalk participants are welcome to enjoy morning tea with Heather in the Monarto Zoo Cafe at 10am. Morning tea is optional and cost is $9.00 per person. Your bushwalk discovery journey with Heather commences from the Visitor Centre at 10:30am. The walk duration is approximately 1.5 hours and is suitable for participants with a moderate fitness level. The walk concludes at the Visitor Centre at 12.00pm at which time participants are welcome to enjoy lunch in the café (own expense) or hop on the next available Zu-loop shuttle bus with our volunteer guides to explore the rest of the zoo.
- The Guided Bushwalk is free and included in your admission fee. Bookings are essential as limited spaces are available.
- Valid Zoos SA members are free of charge on presentation of their membership card and photo ID.
- Includes unlimited access to the Zu-Loop shuttle buses, wildlife viewing platforms and free keeper presentations.
- Optional morning tea – Cost is $9.00 per person – payable directly Monarto Café.
What to bring:
- Water bottle
Morning tea includes:
- Tea or coffee
- 1 x muffin of choice (Café cabinet selection)
Spaces are limited, so book now to avoid disappointment.
Reservations can be made by phoning Monarto Zoo on 08 85344 100 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.