Join us for a unique autumn bush walk hosted by former Zoos SA President Heather Caddick.
A guided bush walk provides a unique way to explore the wonders of Monarto Zoo. Enjoy up to 10 kilometres of walking tracks which meander through some magnificent areas of remnant native vegetation often overlooked by many visitors. Take up this special opportunity to have your bush walk hosted by former Zoos SA President Heather Caddick who continues to be a passionate supporter of the zoo and has also been a volunteer for many years.
In addition to experiencing the magnificent native plant life and wildflowers of Monarto Zoo, you’ll also delight in the native wildlife that calls it home. Many native animals including kangaroos, Euros, emus and echidnas roam free throughout the park, you may catch a glimpse of them in their natural habitat. Following your bushwalk, be sure to also explore the zoo at your own pace. View endangered African, Asian and native animal species in an open range setting from the comfort of our free guided Zu-Loop shuttle bus. Monarto Zoo is renowned and proud of our breeding success and contribution to the conservation of many of these species.
Available autumn bush walk dates:
- Tuesday April 5
- Friday April 15
- Wednesday April 20
- Tuesday May 3
- Friday May 13
- Tuesday May 24
Autumn bush walk participants are welcome to enjoy a delicious meet and greet morning tea with Heather served in the Ketabi Cafe at 10am prior to the walk if they wish. Morning tea is available at a small cost – payable on the day. Please contact our friendly team for further information.
Your bush walk discovery journey commences from the Visitor Centre with Heather at 10:30am. The walk duration is approximately one and a half hours and is suitable for those with a moderate fitness level. The tour will conclude at the Visitor Centre at 12pm at which time participants are welcome to enjoy lunch in the café (at their own expense) or hop on the next available Zu-loop shuttle bus with our volunteer guides and continue to explore and learn about our inhabitants.
- General admission: Payable on entry.
- Valid Zoos SA members are free of charge on presentation of their membership card and photo ID.
- General admission includes unlimited access to the Zu-Loop shuttle buses, wildlife viewing platforms and free keeper presentations.
- Guided bush walk:- Free of charge. (Bookings highly recommended as space is limited)
- Optional morning tea – $9.00. Participants have the opportunity to enjoy a meet and greet morning tea in Ketabi Cafe with Heather Caddick prior to the hosted bush walk if they wish. Morning tea will include two scones with jam and cream and a choice of a small tea, coffee or soft drink. Payment can be made directly to Ketabi Café on the day.
What to bring:
- Water bottle
Reservations can be made by phoning our friendly Monarto Zoo staff on 08 85344 100 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.